If you are an individual who has completed all the academic requirements for the conferral of a university degree, the following steps outline the process of becoming a CPA.
- Obtain paid employment at an Approved Training Office.
- Register as a Student by submitting the following:
- Complete either prior to or while registered in good standing as a Student, 51 credit hours in specific courses.
- Complete the Staff Training Program within the first sixteen months of the Practical Experience Requirement.
- Complete the CPA Ontario Professional Program which consists of the Core-Knowledge Exam and the School of Accountancy. Successful completion of the CPA Ontario Professional Program establishes eligibility to attempt the Uniform Final Evaluation (UFE).
- Successfully complete the Uniform Final Evaluation (UFE).
- Complete the Experience Requirement at an Approved Training Office. Can be completed concurrently with exams if eligible.
- Complete the admission to membership application form.
- Upon approval from CPA Ontario, the Student will be granted the CPA designation.
A decision of the Registrar not to register or reregister an individual as a Student or to deregister a Student may be appealed by the individual or Student to CPA Ontario’s Membership Committee. The parties to an appeal are the individual appealing and the Registrar. The appeal shall be conducted in accordance with CPA Ontario’s Rules of Practice and Procedure. The decision of the Membership Committee is final.
[T] 416-969-4322 or 1-800-387-0735 x322