What is the GAA?
Members of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) Institutes can obtain local professional support when visiting and working in another country covered by the GAA. More information
GAA Contacts for Overseas Members
Passport for member services
Members of any GAA Institute will be entitled to receive the benefits of the GAA Passport for Member Services. This passport will enable professional accountants within the GAA to receive professional support when they are working away from home in another country covered by one of the Alliance bodies. Please note, however, that it does not allow you to use the CA designation in Canada, unless you become a member of the province you are residing in.
Practising as a CA or CPA in Ontario
The following is a list of the types of benefits available through GAA allied institutions. Benefits will vary depending on the particular institute and their member benefits program.
- Institute magazine – electronic
- Institute magazine – hard copy at member subscription rates
- Electronic newsletters – including events, technical updates, etc.
- Training and development – at member rates
- Networking events – at member rates
- Access to facilities such as meeting rooms – at member rates
- Affinity products (where agreements permit) – at member rates
- Members only website (for these types of products and services)
- Technical helpdesk
- Library and information services
- Participation in regional groups
- Participation in special interest groups (subject to meeting standards for admission) – at member rates
Member benefits available from the Ontario Institute