Temporary Internet Files / Cache
After logging out from one of the secure areas of the site, it is recommended that you clear the "Cache" or "Temporary Internet Files" on your computer. This is especially important if you are using a computer not your own (e.g. a public computer in a library or one at work that is used by other people).
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Select "Tools" from the menu bar.
- Select "Internet Options".
- Select the "General Tab".
- Under "Browsing History", click the "Delete" button.
- On the "Delete Browsing History" window, make sure that "Temporary Internet Files" is checked off. The remaining selections are optional.
- Click "Delete".
- Close the "Internet Options" window.
- Open Safari.
- Click "Tools" in the left menu bar (if opened) or click on the "Gear" icon in the right toolbar.
- Select "Reset Safari" from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure "Remove all Website Data" (Cookies & Cache) is checked and any other elements you want to clear.
- Click the "Reset" button.
- Click the "Chrome Menu" on the browser toolbar.
- Select "More Tools".
- Select "Clear Browsing Data".
- In the dialogue that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select "Beginning of Time" to delete everything.
- Click "Clear Browsing Data".
- Select "History" from the drop-down menu bar.
- Select "Clear Recent History".
- Select items to be cleared. "Clear Disk Cache" button, and then select "OK".
- Select "Clear Now" button.